- Use the map and instructions.
- We are not permitted to use the parking area in the gravel lot that is 1/10 mile from the cave trail (West of the I-81 overpass).
- Parking arrangements for Carnegie Cave — PDF file for new parking at Carnegie Cave
Comments and Notes
- No alcohol or drugs of any kind are allowed in the cave or on the park grounds.
- Park restrooms are off limits to the cavers.
- When changing clothes, be mindful that this park is used by children and the public.
- Cavers must be properly equipped with a minimum of a helmet and 3 lights per person.
- All cavers (or groups) must sign the register in the first room of the cave.
- Do not break, disturb or collect any cave formations or wildlife in the cave. They are protected by Pennsylvania law.
- For further information regarding use of this cave, obtain a flyer and map from Franklin County Grotto at: FCG@karst.org
- The Southampton Township requested that Franklin County Grotto assist in the implementation of these rules. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the cave being gated and access revoked!
There has been an update to the sign and entrance to Carnegie cave.
This cave is gated. Permission is required for access.
The cave is open to responsible cavers. Visitors should inquire of firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.
Visitors should read and familiarize themselves with relevant portions of the MAKC Cleversburg Sink Management Plan,
including cave laws and protections which are to be followed. Visitors are expected to follow the NSS credo of “Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time”
Stay on the “elephant track”, or on marked trail.
Trips require a preserve management team approved guide.
The visiting group POC will provide the following to the preserve POC: trip date and time, names and phone numbers of all participants, expected out time, emergency activation time, and callout person’s contact information. Visiting group POC may be asked to complete the NCRC callout sheet.
1 approved trip leader per 10 participants, subject to preserve management team discretion.